Tuesday, March 23, 2010

I’m a Liar and a Triathlete and Awesome

IMG_2374So I got feedback that my stuff about the family is more interesting than my charts and talking about Z3.  Well, here’s a little something for everyone.

The kids, mostly Piper, love dinosaurs.  Santa brought a pile of plastic ones this past Christmas and they’re everywhere.  Piper takes a nap with an orange T-rex and there are at least 4 in the tub/shower just in case you need them.   The girls fight over them, making more noise than most dinosaurs probably ever made.  Sada told me that they all died because of the bad air from the volcanoes and I think I believe her – after all, she’s 6.  Regardless of the medium – dollhouse, marble track, blocks, pillows… the dinosaurs are pretty much good to use anywhere. 

So yesterday they’re all lined up in pairs ready for battle on the floor – rocks are behind them and plastic Jurassic-era plants are around them.  It looked very official and even had a handful of Barbies present to watch the ensuing festival of blood on the living room floor.  A few hours later no battle lines appeared to have been crossed except that Jack took a proper poo right in front of the dino-soldiers on the front line.  Score: Jack 1: Dinosaurs 0. 

And I said I wasn’t going to race but then I’ve got this amazing support for 2010 from Under Armour and Nutrition 53 and I’ve got about $15,000 in bike stuff and a supportive family who gives me a few hours a week to train and of course, a pair of beautiful calves that simply need just a little sunshine to be awesome.  So here are a few races that I’ll probably look at and see what I can do.  I’ll do what I can get away with and assume I’ll bring some magic to some of them. 

After all, I’ve done 15 mins of core this week and I made soup and listened to a podcast with Lieto and even talked to Ben and had lunch with Courtenay.   

2010 Tentative Schedule

Sunday, April 25, 2010 Mt Rainier Duathlons 2010 

Monday, May 31, 2010 Spring Festival Triathlon and Duathlon 

Saturday, June 12, 2010 Moses Lake Family Triathlon

Saturday, June 19, 2010 Cascades Edge Triathlon and Duathlon*

Saturday, June 26, 2010 Lake Padden Triathlon

Sunday, July 18, 2010 ChelanMan Multisport Weekend Day #2 or Seafair (I think it’s this weekend)

Saturday, July 24, 2010 Padden Duathlon*

Saturday, July 31, 2010 Ellensburg Sprint Triathlon

Saturday, August 07, 2010 Whidbey Island Triathlon!

Sunday, August 15, 2010 Ironman 70.3 Lake Stevens*

Saturday, August 28, 2010 Lake Sammamish Triathlon

Saturday, September 11, 2010 Cottage Lake Tri and Tri Again Triathlon #2 OR

Saturday, September 18, 2010 Kirkland's Triathlon at Carillon Point

UPDATE:  See – Piper has Dinosaurs in her pocket.  Who doesn’t ride with 2-3 dinosaurs these days?

IMG_2602

 

3 comments:

Rainmaker said...

Dude - a race every weekend? You're officially a tri-man-whore.

And I'm jeleous.

Loren Pokorny said...

TENTATIVE. All schedules are subject to spousal reveiw and they're all sprints. I'll skip anything over 90 miles from home. I basically don't know much about the geography of WA state.

Chris Westall said...

The best part about the dinosours is that the tail is out on one and the head on the other so it looks like on long dinosour.