It's true. I think I crossed into the new low today - I sort of realized this as I was working out on an eliptical machine, struggling to get through 30 mins while I listened to a 12" remix of something by Duran Duran. All I really wanted was a beer or to get off the machine - though there is a holder on the thing, so I guess even the 'not having a beer' thing is just an excuse - see I'm that lazy now.
I'm still only a few weeks out of triathlon and training 12-18 hours a week or at LEAST 2 hours a day, usually 2 sports every day for at LEAST an hour each and I don't recall ever sleeping past 6:15-6:30. I also don't recall staying up past 9pm very often.
I'm not motivated to move in any form of exercise. Ian calls me regularly to see how fat I am and insists on me signing up for Vineman 70.3 - so before I fall for it, I'm trying to sell off as much of my stuff so I don't get sucked back in. Once you exit the world of insane triathlon training, it's a lot like being the only sober person at a new year's eve party except there aren't any hot drunk ladies around. Even Dasha has left.
But I do have a lot more time. I think I just work more and spend a TON of time with my kids. I even got season passes for skiing this year with Sada - so now I'm committed to some extent to get my money's worth.
MY old schedule went something like this:
- Get up, eat or don't eat. Run or work. (5am - ish) (1-1.5 hour run)
- Take break and either Run or bike. (Bike 2-2.5 hours)
- Eat healthy
- Go swim or ride (1-2 hours)
- Hang out with family
- Go to bed (8:30pm - ish)
Now the new schedule:
- Wake up at 5:20am, decide not to work out
- Wake up at 6:50, eat bacon, move workout clothes to the floor, make bed
- See how many coffee beans are in the machine - make 2 cups for me. If there's egg nog - put that in there too.
- Head out the door for work 7:10am (pants are snug, vow to workout, sometimes bring workout stuff to work so it can sit in my bag all day)
- Work and get coffee 3x
- Have a coffee before heading home - it's tiring sitting down all day.
- Pick kids up at school 4:30pm
- Get home, walk dog to end of driveway - encourage pooping.
- Go inside, open beer
- Make fire
- Empty dishwasher, find new beer or open wine
- Found candy dish was refilled, eat 3 handfulls - whoops!
- Start dinner, find new beer
- Have dinner with family - open new beer or move to wine, it's more civilized.
- Give kids a bath
- Read stories, open new beer or fix wine glass that is likely empty
- Aspire to read but find DVDs and HBO much easier to do.
- Put workout clothes back on bed so I can find them in the dark at 5:20am
- Sleep but finish beer before bed
- Vow to workout in the morning just before nodding off
So now for work I'm in this pool - a betting pool not a swimming pool - who can work out 3x in one week for 30 mins minimum. Last week I had to stack all my 30 min eliptical machine workouts at the end of the week. That seemed to be a challenge. So there.
In the course of writing this, I finished a beer and got another one. It was 15 minutes.