Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Less is More

I have nothing much to contribute today - off antibiotics, still snotty (nose not attitude) but better.  Swam today with little effort and 1 hour had passed like nothing.  I'll have to try harder tomorrow - never felt better in the water.  I could stand to have another few weeks on the bike but it IS early season, so everyone else should be about the same level.  Running is better -though my feet are a blistered and bloodied mess!  I'd say I'm not too far off where I was at Vineman last July and it's March AND I've had 2 really lame months with about 2.5 weeks of good training. 

Here's a copy of the Oceanside 70.3 Bike course elevation map I did last year:

OCelevation

Here's the New Orleans 70.3 Bike course elevation map that I'm doing this year.  The scale on the map goes to 50.  The chart doesn't even go to 25ft.  I'm not sure what to think about that.  The drawback is that I train on a lot of hills and don't mind them in races because unlike bike racing, I actually pass a lot of people on the climbs (I'm a stout 180lbs but very huggable).  I've heard the only drawback to a flat course is that you don't get to stretch out your back as much - same position for 2.5 hours.  I'll try this one though and will be happy I'm not doing Oceanside.

5 ft     _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

3 comments:

Soda said...

thanks for the pump up.... really appreciate that.

Marc Malott said...

Your map is out of date!!!!

Sarah said...

I am so glad I'm not doing OCeanside too...