Now that I’m over my triathlon suicide attempt and I see sun and the temps over 50 AND I’m not too scared to get crushed in the pool – I’ve got a schedule and something to look forward to. I took the picture above on a ride today – ez w/low RPM hills in Z1/Z2 around the Marin Headlands - avg 237 watts.
- Snelling Road Race - Feb 21 (Cat 3)
- Zamora Road Race - March 22 (Cat 3)
- New Orleans 70.3 - April 5
- Vineman Showdown - April 11 – sprint
- IRONMAN Hawaii Lottery announced – April 15 (getting in would change a few things below)
- Ice Breaker Tri - April 18 - sprint
- Napa Valley Sprint - May 3 - sprint
- UVAS - May 17 - sprint
- Vacation May 20-30
- Tri for Fun: June 6 - sprint
- San Jose - June 21 - Olympic
- Vineman 70.3 - July 20th? – I’m signed up – that’s what matters.
- TImberman 70.3 - Aug 20? - I’m signed up – that’s what matters.
- Kirkland Triathlon – Sept 27th - sprint
- 70.3 World Champs
I’d also like to find some 10k and a half marathon or two that don’t involve swimming and biking before – just to try and mix it up ala Kelly ‘Tire Lever’ Dunleavy. Ideas?
And yes, there are some slacker races in here. I’ve done nearly every one of these races – so I’m looking to see how I improve with a focus on racing all out for 1-2 hours as opposed to racing in Z2/Z3 for 4.5 hours.