Monday, November 24, 2008

My New Baby: 2009 Specialized S-Works Transition

Here it is.  It’s a lot of carbon and incredibly comfortable.  I won’t race with the Hydrotail and will have the Profile aero bottle on the front bars – but not much else will change on race day. 

I’m also registered now for New Orleans 70.3, Vineman 70.3, Timberman 70.3 and will sign up for Wildflower LC.  I suspect I can go 2:20-25 and still run 1:30 or faster in 2009.  I should thank Greta and the girls for indulging me in this new ride.  It’s either this bike or a family trip to Disneyland, I hope the kids understand one day.  Then again, when I finished racing Timberman 70.3 this year and ran down the finish chute with Sada, it is one of the highlights of her short life – beating out meeting Cinderella and Ariel while eating fries.  With that said, I’m still selling my 2009 TT bike – I’ll let the frame + components + bars go for $1k.

027

030 032 031

My mom just called to tell me that she was in the grocery store parking lot and that a man was walking his goat in the lot.  This was almost 10 mins of conversation about the goat, why didn’t she just take a picture, what did I want for Christmas, etc… 

2 comments:

Chris Westall said...

soooooooooo sweet!

Sarah said...

That is one cool bike, Loren. [in Borat voice: I LI-IKE!]