Sada lashed out today at me and called me a ‘Poopie Nubu’. I’m not sure if I was supposed to feel bad, so I didn’t. I also did a triathlon today – swam 1.1 miles (or so) with Ian this morning, then ran 10k home and then hopped on my bike and did 40k home from work. On the ride home I got to ‘go how I felt’, since I felt good I did some efforts and tried to ride in a pace line but kept dropping the group. They know how I feel riding with Ben. But really guys, who rides 17mph on the flats?
There’s been a ton of feedback about names. So rather than write a post about baby names, I’ll just write about stuff I consider when coming up with a name:
- Did they win a stage of the tour? There are lots of great names there – i.e. Fausto, Thor, Stuart, Pedro, Miguel, Hugo or Louison
- Did I date someone with that name? If yes, then no. Name is out.
- Does that name rhyme with any of the following ‘poop, butt, gay, stupid, french fries, diarrhea or chris’ – if so, out.
- Has anyone in history with that name done bad things – i.e. Adolph, Lizzie, John Wilkes, Charlie, Keanu, or Madonna – if so, out.
- Has anyone in history with that name done good things – i.e. Jesus, Moses, Mohandas Karamchand, Lance, Napoleon (Dynamite) or Bono. – if so, out (too obvious)
- Is it confusing – i.e. Loren, Chris, Pat, or Courtney (or Courtenay), or Huggy Bear. – if so, out.
- Did we have a pet with that name – i.e. Rufus, Shoes, Fellini, Scully, Chinkers, Bubba, Lucy or Turk Turk Babe (Greta’s cat not mine). – if so, we’d be retarded.
- Do we already have a kid with that name – i.e. Sada or Piper. – if so, out (mildly confusing).
- Is there a llama named the same name – i.e. Tina. – if so, no.
So there are some ideas. I also like horse names or at leas how they come up with those – so on today’s ride into work – I gave it some though. I think these are names for either gender.
- Leveraged Complete
- Mina’s Dommage
- Abridged Cinnabar
- Velvet Blackjack
- Valley Whisper
- Caramel Sensation
- Cherokee Promise
- Lady Blackstar
IF you’ve made it this far, you win a prize: Me on a bike. I wouldn’t blame you for printing it out and putting it on your nightstand. I did.