A few weeks ago I did the San Jose International triathlon – not a great race for me since I was fighting off a bacterial infection, but I was able to first meet the boys (and girls) behind Nutrition53. It’s not too hard to notice one of their founders: Bill Romanowski. He’s enormous and at something around 6’5” you feel pretty compelled to see what the guy is up to. This is where I meet Glen, one of their investors and a guy who totally loves his job and company.
They make a few products, none which seem to exist in triathlon nutrition today. All of the products are powdered and mix with water (and ice).
- Have the clarity and energy you need at work during the day.
- Have the stamina you need for exercise and training
- Be able to remember information quickly and easily
- Deal effectively with stress and pressure in your life
Seems a bit strong of a claim and then I tried it. Since I do some stuff as an agent for Ben and Courtenay, I asked Glen to send some product to them. Guess what, they both freaked out. In a good way. Ben called and e-mailed me he was so excited. Courtenay used it before her race and rocked it. I use it post-lunch and before my afternoon ride and consistently feel great. It’s one of the few products I’ve ever tried that does exactly what it claims to do (though a glass of Merlot is a nice alternative to handling the last claim, it’s just not as effective for the others
Here are some key thoughts about this product:
- Nutrition53 provided me with a shaker to mix their stuff, actually 2 of them – one for work and home. It works. I’m finding myself excited about a drink shaker.
- Neuro1 mixes very well. I find there are tons of products out there that just don’t mix well. Chunks of stuff end up on the bottom (or top) or it needs a power mixer to make some magic. Neuro1 goes in, shake, shake, shake and it’s ready.
- The flavors are good. They offer 3: Mixed Berry, Orange Cream, and Mocha Latte (also Orange Cream without caffeine – but that’s just silly).
- The company LOVES their customers. If you send mail to them, you’ll have a response in minutes. I’m overwhelmed by their strong customer focused attitude.
- They are sponsoring triathlons at the grass roots level – they were at (with Bill, Glen and crew) at the San Jose race and also at the UVAS race. They handed out as much product as you wanted.
- As Courtenay and Ben have mentioned, since you’re mixing it with water, you’re getting MORE water.
Here are some things that I’m not a fan of:
- My wife tried my stuff, liked it and took ALL of my Neuro1, INCLUDING MY SHAKER, on her business trip.
- I liked it so much, I dedicated a whole post to one of the 3 products I’m using and I gave a whole box to Courtenay and Ben for them to try, no promises, no payment – just ‘try it’ and they did (Courtenay and Ben) – even Westie tried it out.
- It’s not free
I’m getting a link to them with hopefully a discount baked into it so you can also try it. I only wish more of the products I’ve tried were so worthy to receive a recommendation.
Look for more reviews of their stuff. I’m that excited!
I’ll definitely be using Neuro1 as my pre-race drink for the remainder of my season.
DISCOUNT: If you enter the term ‘TRIATHLETE’ when you check out you will get 50% off your first order. If I was making my first order. I’d get a tub of the banana flavor of Lean1, root beer float of Sleep1 and orange cream of Neuro1.