Monday, June 30, 2008

Le Weekend

clip_image001I don’t have much to write but I somehow always find something.  Greg’s post just about wrecked my weekend – but luckily I didn’t read it until late on Sunday.  Sada had her 5th birthday on Saturday as well as her first birthday.  She’s turned out pretty darn well for a kid who started just a few GU packets over 5lbs.  The problem with having 2 little kids is that even though one of them had a birthday only 2 weeks ago – they all need a present no matter whose birthday it is.  Maybe kids are spoiled but I’d rather spoil my girls sometimes than hear the hours of crying about not getting a present (say ‘I didn’t get a present’ while whimpering, amongst tears and take nearly 30 seconds to say it and see if someone gives you something.  Adjacent is a picture of Sada when she was born.

Ian aka Huggy Bear finally started a blog.  Today we swam and I couldn’t even catch him while I wore zoomers – I’d hate to be his cancer, heck I’m glad I’m not training with him much right now.  It’s bad enough getting beat, but getting beat by a guy who doctors are trying to kill is not good for one’s psyche.  I’m just glad to have nearly a 1.5 hour head start at Vineman on him.  My wave starts around 6:4something and he goes off around 8:20am!

I’m on some killer antibiotics.  I can’t tell if they’re hurting my aerobic system or not, usually they put you down for a few days until they’re out of your system – but it doesn’t seem to be too bad.  I got in a good 90 min run @ 7:30 pace on Sat and 2 hour ride with about 2,000 feet of climbing yesterday. 

I saw a guy this morning on my ride into work and he was sporting a Hitler mustache and a gold chain and those sweaters eastern europeans wear.  I can’t really describe it any other way.  We used to have some neighbors with 8 kids from eastern Europe – not sure where they were from but they all had those sweaters.  He was on a bike. 

Here is Sada a few weeks ago.  She’s basically the most competitive 5 year old we know.  She competes to get out of the tub first, the car first, into her jammies first, whether or not she has the biggest fork, if she’s older, etc… I’ve apologized to Greta a lot for this. 

Mid June 08 003

5 comments:

Kelly said...

my parents implemented a rule where my sister and I have to get the other one a present on our birthday because we were very whiny. we still do too.

Sarah said...

SPOILED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Greg Remaly said...

agree with the spoiled comment. we never got any presents on our siblings' birthdays (those weren't my favorite days of the year).

I know I've pointed this out to you before, but you write about a ton of stuff every post, whereas I write posts only on a single topic.

Does this mean you have too much to write about, or not enough?

Loren Pokorny said...

I don't expect the birthday present thing to last much past 5, but 6 she should understand the concept.

I think this post represents my inability to focus for very long. Too much to say, only 20 mins to write.

I used to just write about triathlon until you said that was boring, not you say I write too much! Eeek. I'll try to focus.

I thought I was being all fancy by interweaving mutliple stories together on one post.

Sarah said...

Hm, I actually like the interweaving of stories, but it could be my ADD.

I've actually enjoyed the diversification of topics on your blog recently.

Just my $0.02.

I hope you're feeling better.