Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I think I have salmonella....

Since Sunday I've had terrible stomach cramps - like someone kicked me in the diaphragm (hold on... this reminds me)

During the race on Sunday I'm swimming a pathetic pace and this guy who is swimming a nearly pathetic pace decided to swim into me, he moves off and then comes at me again and after a second, he decides to just swim over top of me.  I've never been annoyed by the occasional thump but that was it, I stopped turned sideways and put my foot into his ribs - I passed him and never saw him again.  I thought Kelly would approve of something like that.

I have been dealing with fits of nausea and even laid in bed Sunday night wondering if I went to work and had to throw up during the company meeting - would I make it to the restroom or should I just sit next to the trash?

Today I called Westie who was in the doctor's office with the same symptoms -exactly!  His doctor is giving him some blood tests and suspects salmonella



This might explain why my HR hit 200 on the run and went way north of that with very little effort. It was 176 avg for the race even though I sandbagged the run.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

um ew.

Sarah said...

Did you eat the salmonella tomatoes? Why would both of you have it? Did you have dinner together on Saturday? Why the coincidence?

ick. Hope you don't really have salmonella. :(

Loren Pokorny said...

It's not like I'm throwing up, it's just stomach cramps and nausea. It's also possible that I'm pregnant.

Kelly said...

ooh, *snap*

also, i've been having all kinds of stomach issues too and got all throw-up-y during the race. maybe there's a wave of salmonella sweeping the north bay

Soda said...

hopefully you all caught this weirdness before I came because my stomach can't handle anything more going wrong, nor can my mental strength.

Kelly said...

UPDATE: the tomatoes! im sure you've heard and im a moron but i couldn't figure out why everyone was getting sick