+ = yahooo!
Ok, not really.
Greta and Sada are headed north to Seattle for the weekend while I'm here with Piper and my adopted child Ben. I'm not sure who naps or eats more, but I'm grateful that I don't have to change his pants or get him cups of juice. Ben DID have a Memorial Muffin, so perhaps he'll be so moved as to post about them daily.
We'll get a swim in together in the lagoon tomorrow at 5:20am (which he's explained is not the best time for a professional to be up) and then we're on our own. This puts a bit more strain on the weekend workouts but I think we'll be able to cover it so I'm not dying come Monday night for a workout.
The good news is that this means we'll be able to pull out Rock Band and we can get our band back on tour. We are looking for a lead singer but have had no takers - (Greg, you're pretty much the only one who we hear should be filling out an application). I expect to get in a few good hours of Kiss' 'Detroit Rock City' and The Outlaw's 'Green Grass and High Tides' (which could be one of the greatest songs ever, definitely for songs over 10 mins long).
Today I did some LT testing at Endurance PTC. I was definitely better than the last time we tested (about 12 weeks ago) but I'm back to where I was last summer - but for some reason, I'm significantly quicker by about 2mph on the bike. I can't explain it - but at least things are headed in the right direction. I'm also about 2% leaner than a few weeks ago, so that too is good. Lastly, there's also some weirdness when it comes to my physiology and when I race, I'm off the charts when compared to what I 'should' be able to do.
San Jose is in a week (and 2 days) and Vineman is <8 weeks out. Ugh... the stress of another 70.3. why why why...
- Here's a site that I found, I'm sure it's not new to anyone, but it is to me: http://dailytriathlete.ning.com/
- Ben just ran out to swim and to get me some pumpkin for a certain cupcake-like breakfast pastry thing. Rhymes with 'luffins'.
- I'm on disc 3 of Miami Vice Season 3. SO GOOD.
- My neighbor is super famous. Really famous.
- The human head weighs 8 lbs.
- My thighs are 58cm around. They also look good and are very strong.
- I'll miss my girls (the big one the most, the smaller one I'll miss proportionately - based on size) when they're gone.
- Here are my baby girls. I'll also find a picture of 'Uncle Ben' that you'll enjoy.