Monday, March 24, 2008

Final Blog

It's a busy week as I prep myself for Oceanside as well as my CA driver license written test.  I'm not going to write anything this week but will instead focus on resting, thinking lots of positive thoughts and working hard to stay out of the kids chocolate bunnies. 

I've done approximately 264 hours of training for this.

I'm swimming, biking and running better in training than I did in racing all last season.

I'm ready for anything.

I'm going to have fun.

I'm going to hurt.

My tires hold over 160psi.

Others will hurt worse.

I'm going to have fun.

See you on the other side...

 

- lorpeedo 70.3

6 comments:

Chris Westall said...

Good Luck Buddy! You've trained your butt off... Now go down there and kick some.

Christine said...

GOOD LUCK!! and swim fast, just think of all those lil'sharkies chasing you and you'll move. But then again you can kick ass on the bike too.

Anyhow. I have 25 days 'til my big debut so have fun and... NO SMILING IN PICTURES!!! hehe.

Greg Remaly said...

Wait, you'll still be reading and commenting on other people's blogs, right? I don't want to lose 30% of MY readership!

Seriously, best of luck and best wishes for an awesome race. I'll be eager to hear your first-hand account.

Sarah said...

GOOD LUCK, LOREN! Hopefully we'll meet up while down there. Hope you have a great time and have more fun than hurt (I'm sure you will).

Let's go kick some @$$$$$$$!!

tks said...

$10 says after this weekend "the lorpeedo" changes his name to "chunder"

Courtenay said...

PLEASE don't tell me you are going to run 160psi this weekend. PLEASE. As a self-proclaimed former bike racer you should know better than that!!

OK well I hope you have a great time and that you do great and that you congratulate yourself by stealing a child's bunny's great ears (best part of chocobunny anatomy)!