Questions from my readership:
- goggles is the correct spelling. ugh. too much google in my life obviously: there is too much Google in everyone's life. After nearly 12 years at Microsoft, I could stand to see less Google. Since my daughter calls goggles, googles, I know what you meant.
- but you did leave out some juicy details - for example why didn't it work out with Seattle Girl #1? I think you meant the girl that I was trying to impress? I grew up in NH - which is where I assume she still lives since very few people who grow up in New England ever leave. I dated her from 1988-1992 where after I got more complaints about 'why do you have to train so much' that I gave up. In between dates with her I had other dates with other ladies - which is sort of funny because one of them actually visited me in the hospital and left me some cologne along with a card. The cologne spilled and I was in a hospital room with a card, spilled cologne and a girlfriend who wanted to know who 'Stormy' was. Her name was in fact really Stormy, who I believe, went on to marry a New England Patriot.
- Next I'll find out you use a mask instead of goggles: no greg, I'm a slow swimmer, not retarded. I wear goggles, courtesy of Tyr and Ben.
- Ben, you're partly responsible for this, having enabled Loren for so long. I have Courtenay swimming lots of yards each day with a band around her ankles, after just a few months of swimming - now that is pro. Actually, I have 2 bands in my swim bag that he made me make. I tried it and my legs didn't work and fell to the bottom of the pool. Since he isn't there to watch me, I don't use them. I use swimmies and a swim noodle when no one is looking.
- i'll always think of you as "paddlewheel pokorny" from now on whenever you're swimming. You think that now, but isn't it funny how your girlfriend and I had similarly slow swims at Tinley's, perhaps it was the quality time we spent around buoy #2 in the fog. While you're out training we're online chatting. ALL DAY LONG. I'm also training to be a cage fighter.
- Actually, I think what you said was sort of a compliment. Ben just laughs and mocks me and video tapes me and names those videos cruel names like 'orca boy tight hips' and 'plow stroke - bird wing recovery'.
Thanks for the feedback. I'll try to be more complete in the future.