Monday, February 11, 2008

Making Waves

That's right kids.  I was in the pool last week with my swim coach getting some help with the worst leg of my triathlon.  Luckily, it's the worst leg for many others as well.  I was just hoping to get a few pointers about my killer stroke, kudos for how small my kicking was (not kicking my legs 1 yard apart) and some ego stroking for my strong anchor and easy recovery. 

I was lucky Ben didn't just walk out of the pool, pee in my lane or throw up on me. 

orca It was bad.  For the first time ever, I got videotaped in the pool - I'm sure you've heard a million times that you should get video'd in the pool.  I thought it was silly to do -but Ben brought his water proof camera to our session and taped me a few times. He saved the videos with titles such as 'booty roll', 'making waves', and 'you're going sideways more than you are forward'.  I just wish there was a nicer coach out there or at least prettier one.  It turns out, my hips are tight, which makes my legs drop, which I then compensate for by massively  kicking like I'm in a cage fight. 

 

In short, I have a few specific things to work on before Oceanside.  Luckily, I've got a decent bike going and my run is fair.  I think I just put almost 1.6mph onto my fastest avg ride ever on Saturday for the longest distance I've ridden in about 4 years followed by my fastest run over 11+ miles - 14 sec faster per mile.

 

I'll write more about that this week - I'm still sore from being on my TT bars for over 3 hours straight.  I'm also addicted to swedish fish - they apparently have no protein in them.  I'm sure they'll help me in the 3rd week of my build.  This week is going to be chock full of hurt. 

No comments: