Friday, January 4, 2008

Panic in Marin

Ok, it's pouring rain, windy and I'm not 100% healthy.  My first race is also my first 70.3 race and it's in 84 days.  I haven't done much of anything with my cold and so like any good type A, I'm a bit panicky.  Am I doing enough and can I do enough to be ready.  I think so - but I'm going to keep track for everyone to see.

I have on average 2 workouts per day and one day off per week.  That gives me about 144 different workouts before my race and 12 rest days - not taking into account length or intensity (I let my coach deal with that) - but generally that is 1.25 hours per workout or 13.25 hours per week.  Here's how I'll track my workouts at a high level in order to help me keep my head level.  I'll just keep track on post the table below each week. 

Period Workouts Hours Total Workouts Total Hours
Week 1 (12/30 - 1/5) 2 1.5    
Week 2 (1/6 - 1/12) 12 - projected      

 

I'll keep posting this too in order to keep me motivated and focused.

06homepage1_01

1 comment:

Ben said...

You worry far too much. Learn from my example. 24 days until my first race and I have yet to swim a real workout since November. At least the weather doesn't suck in Honolulu.