Here's a few numbers for 2007
- Total miles I ran: ~675 (weekly avg of 13)
- Total yards I swam: 60,000 (only about 1,150 a week - eek!)
- Total miles I rode: 5,100 (98 a week) - my bike computer shows a bit more, but I'm just estimating.
Since I started training under Brian and for the 70.3 series races (I'm registered for Oceanside 70.3, Vineman 70.3) - I'm already doing quite a bit more. My typical week now is about 30 miles a week (long run of 2 hours) of running, 4,400-5,000 meters of swimming and the riding is slightly higher - about 150 with a max of 200. I just have to be more consistent now and don't have the option of missing so many swims and runs. I think I'll probably hit about 550 hours this year but will end the season earlier and will take a mid-season break in late May.
Here's a tentative schedule:
- Oceanside 70.3 - late March
- Sacramento International - late April
- UVAS - mid May
- San Jose International - early June
- maybe another race in early July/late June
- Vineman 70.3 - late July
- Santa Barbara Long Course - August
- and then I'll see what I feel like doing next. Likely the Big Kahuna which I think is in Sept.
That's all for now from Mr. Cranky Pants (my new nickname since I've been sick). Still under the weather but better.