Thursday, January 3, 2008

By The Numbers

Here's a few numbers for 2007

  • Total miles I ran: ~675 (weekly avg of 13)
  • Total yards I swam: 60,000 (only about 1,150 a week - eek!)
  • Total miles I rode: 5,100 (98 a week) - my bike computer shows a bit more, but I'm just estimating.

Since I started training under Brian and for the 70.3 series races (I'm registered for Oceanside 70.3, Vineman 70.3) - I'm already doing quite a bit more.  My typical week now is about 30 miles a week (long run of 2 hours) of running, 4,400-5,000 meters of swimming and the riding is slightly higher - about 150 with a max of 200.  I just have to be more consistent now and don't have the option of missing so many swims and runs.  I think I'll probably hit about 550 hours this year but will end the season earlier and will take a mid-season break in late May. 

Here's a tentative schedule:

06homepage1_01 

  • Oceanside 70.3 - late March
  • Sacramento International  - late April
  • UVAS - mid May
  • San Jose International - early June
  • maybe another race in early July/late June
  • Vineman 70.3 - late July
  • Santa Barbara Long Course - August
  • and then I'll see what I feel like doing next. Likely the Big Kahuna which I think is in Sept.

  vineman_logo_ogv

That's all for now from Mr. Cranky Pants (my new nickname since I've been sick).  Still under the weather but better. 

No comments: