Monday, November 5, 2007

Nemo's Adventures

I got out this weekend - sort of a warm up for the 2008 season. It started with a baby pace run with Ian who is just back from shoulder surgery (he's not supposed to be running but like all good triathletes, ignore the dr and just go real easy). Got in 40 mins or so - which was good for my calf.

After the run I went to the gym to start lifting for 08 as well. I'm doing 1 set of 15 reps on about every machine there - head to toe. I'm also doing squats with the freeweights. I'll do this for about 4 weeks - going up 5 reps but keeping to low weight and 1 set each. This will help me get used to lifting and prepping the muscles for some heavier workloads in December.

Ian and I then rode to Nicasio - an easy ride. Except I mentioned to Ian that his calves looked 'flabulous'and were 'muffin top-like' and he and his injured little arm decided to turn up the heat for the next 2 hours. At one point I was doing 31mph at 107 RPM and a HR of 179. Don't anger the person you're riding with - they'll wreck your easy ride. You'll notice that it was a nice easy ride until about 46:10 into the ride I made my comment while climbing. I made things worse by singing 'do you know the muffin man'.

I followed the ride up with a brick run up and down Ring Mt. I had an avg. HR of 173 and a max of 191. I'll have to post that.

1 comment:

Christine said...

personally I would have thrown a water bottle at you for the muffin man song.