Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Ouch Quit It

That's pretty much what my left foot said to me on Thursday AM - about mile 3.1 of a 10k tempo run. I thought my foot was cramped in my shoe (which never has happened) and by the time I got home I was a limping lorpeedo. The left outside of my left foot is hurt. I couldn't walk friday and could barely spin home. I took the weekend off and did some lifting and kayaking to keep sane. I think I had 3 beers too. I'm taking a week off from running and will try again next weekend. In the meantime I managed to catch up on a lot of college football, reading ben's massive race reports,Christine's new blog about her time in prison and to spend some time with my daughter Piper.

I've got 3 more tris left this season and a half marathon. I don't think there is any way I will be able to make the Mt Tam hillclimb given the fact that I can't stand on my pedals without some pain - so that's disappointing to miss out on that benchmark - so I'll have to do my own hill climb in a few weeks.

Congrats to Ian on his great 4:55 70.3 race this weekend, Christine's 1st place in her first triathlon (I may have an openening in my athlete roster) and to Ben on his realization that the Polish-all-you-can-eat-buffet does not map well to the lifestyle of an elite ITU triathlon rockstar. My friend Chris Tremonte all did well down at Pac Grove as a pro and brought home a top 15 place while still working at Microsoft. Racing with guys like Thompson and Messenheimer has got to be a hoot as well as a lot of hard work.

PS - it's my birthday on September 25.

1 comment:

Christine said...

thanks for the vote of confidence. i think you lowered sponsership price in the email helped convince my mom, so good job. i will be posting on my blog tonight i am on my phone outside of work right now.