Sunday, February 11, 2007

The Numbers



It's been a few days (weeks) since my last post. Lots to do in order to sell our home in Redmond, WA and move to our new place in Tiburon (Paradise Cay), CA. We've got a place that's on the water with a dock - so I'm looking forward to getting out there for some open water swims and longer efforts where I don't hit a wall every few seconds.

I did my testing: VO2 Max, Lactate Threshold and Max HR.

Here's what I got:
VO2 Max: 63 (apparently this isn't a bad number).
Lactate Threshold (run only): 182
Max HR: (run only) 195

Not bad considering my fitness level and the fact that I took 4 years off from any type of exercise. It's really helped to my training and my coach has me digging into some other zones on both the run and bike. It's been pretty boring sitting in zone 1 for >3 months. This month I'm in my Base training - week 1 was 12 hours, week 2 was 14.25 hours, week 3 is 16 hours and week 4 is 8.5 + a time trial up here in Washington. I think it's 10 miles - but will be a good test for me.

I got out on the TT bike earlier this week in Z2 and held 21mph in a headwind and 23mph with no headwind - all at a pretty easy HR. No aero wheels - just my bars and bike. Felt really good. I expect to pick up a few more mph over the coming weeks and with the Hed Stinger 60s and Giro Advantage 2 helmet. I'm also riding one some of the new Sidi T2.6 Carbon shoes. Very nice.




No comments: