Monday, February 26, 2007

Breaking the Law... Breaking the Law

I was just riding in Redmond on the bike lane of 202 (local road) when some jackass swerved at me and told me to get off the road. What he didn't know is that there are about 4 lights that are always red about 1 min down the road - it just didn't make sense to me why he'd swerve, give me the bird and then stop a few hundred yards down the road.

At the light, I caught up to him to ask him what his problem was as I slowly rode by and he immediately gunned the car at me and tried to take me out in front of everyone at a 'major' intersection. I hopped on the curb quickly and tried to put some sidewalk/lightpost between my spandex and his car.

He jumped out of the car (a sweet light blue, single hubcap 92 Buick Regal) and chased me (while I had my super grippy Look compatible running shoes on, oh wait, they're carbon soled Sidis T2.6's).

I turned around to confront the jackal and he swiftly punched me good in my head (hitting my cheek and helmet).

As he waited for me to respond he wound up again for a 2nd shot, he looked at me pretty funny as I just stood there....looking directly at a King County sheriff parked right behind him who apparently saw the whole thing.

He took a 2nd swing at me and I moved out of the way.

When the cop asked him what happened, he said he was 'defending himself from me' and that he didn't take any swings at me (despite the blood on the side of my face). He got a free pair of bracelets (because he was dumb enough to lie to the cop) and I got to continue my much delayed ride in the rain.
Hopefully this makes you feel better if you've ever been run off the road or run into one of these yahoos.

3 comments:

Tracy said...

looks like the score is:
1 for other people making you hurt bad to
0 for you making other people hurt bad

MK said...

I've encountered this in London too, unfortunately the police are always too slow to respond. I hope he received a cavity search.

Tracy said...

the good news is loren finally hurt someone. the bad news is 30 other people hurt loren. adjusted score:

31 for other people making loren hurt bad to
1 for loren making other people hurt bad.
http://www.supersquadra.com/
Icebreaker2007Results.aspx